WSHS Automotive Technology

Automotive Technology III

Welcome to Automotive Technology three:

 This is a school-year long course that aliens with NATEF standards in Brake systems, Automotive Electrical/Electronic systems and the North Carolina public schools Automotive Service Technology blueprint # 7512. The course will be project biased and will be at or about 80% Lab on related projects and live vehicle Service/Repair; the remaining 20% of your time will be utilized in the Classroom covering course objectives. ALL ACTIVITIES WILL BE GRADED through “Performance Evaluation Rubrics” and testing.

There will be Weekly tests, six week benchmark tests, as well as Bi-weekly quizzes. These will consist of written online quizzes located at the following hyperlink  http://www.todaysclass.com/

There will be Weekly tests as well as Bi-weekly Quizzes, These will consist of written, online through www.Today’sclass.com and Lab/shop performance, All tests are graded at 70% of your overall grade, Quizzes at 20% and homework at 10%. Retesting& Make-up can be done before or after school with teacher approval.

The class text book is “ Modern Automotive Technology” These will not be assigned and will remain in the classroom, students can check out a book with the teacher as needed.

 

Brief Course Outline

(Calculations are based on 170 actual instructional days)

A.3A01.00- Leadership Development- Demonstrate speaking, career development and job seeking skills. Orientation to Automotive Technology- Identify facts concerning the occupational outlook for the automotive industry and its impact on the economy.              

B. Safety-list rules for personal safety, shop safety, and rules for safe use of shop equipment and materials.   First two weeks (15 class hours)                                                                                              

C. 3A02.0  AUTOMOTIVE BRAKE SYSTEMS:  Power Assist Brakes- Diagnosis and repair power assist units.

D  Miscellaneous Brakes- Diagnose and repair miscellaneous brakes.

E  Anti-Lock Brake System- Diagnose and repair anti-lock brake system.   Ten weeks (150 class contact hours)

   Midterm test and the start of Second Semester (180 class/contact hours) 

A.3A07.00  Electrical Theory: Explain electrical theory& Electrical Safety

B. Lighting Systems- Diagnose and service lighting systems.

C. Instrumentation System- Diagnose and repair instrument system.

D. Safety Equipment-Diagnose, inspect, and service automotive safety equipment.  turn page over ---->                           

E. Accessories- Diagnose and repair accessories.                          

F. Supplemental Restraint Systems- Describe the theory of operation.                           

Special Projects: There will be various special projects through out the school year including the electric car program along with Servicing and Repairing vehicles

                               

 

Instructors Evaluation of student’s performance and their attitude toward their required performance tests in the Classroom, lab/shop will be graded at a test level of 70% of their overall grade.

Note: poor attitude/work ethic, including bad safety habits will not be tolerated and reflect heavily on your overall grade!!

Required Materials: Students should bring these materials to class or have available in the lab/shop (daily):

Notebook

Pencils/pens

Safety glasses (supplied ONE TIME by the instructor)

Suitable shop apparel (to adhere to safety standards)

Closed toed shoes (to adhere to safety standards)

Lock for the shop/lab locker

Each student will be assigned to a tool box team. It is the responsibility of each team member to be sure each tool is put away, in order and clean at the end of class, in the case of a missing tool, the team members will be responsible for replacement.

Final Note: Having enrolled in automotive technology you have chosen a very challenging, exciting, and rewarding, potential career path. If any difficulties arise, please feel free to contact me at the East Gaston High School at (704) 827-7251 or at my e-mail address at: WrenchStar@msn.com  I'm looking forward to an effective and rewarding learning experience with each and everyone of you!  Good Luck!

                                                                                                                  

                                                                                                                Thanks for Joining Me!

                                                                                                                                Mr. A.R. Poppo               

 

Upcoming Events

Friday, Jul 6 All Day
Saturday, Jul 6 All Day
Monday, Jul 6 All Day

The Weather Channel

Recent Videos

No recent videos